It is important for children to have their vision checked regularly, children under the age of 16 are recommended to be seen at least once a year.
A child may not realise that they have poor vision, as it seems normal for them.
Common signs for potential visual problems in children:
- Eyes turning in any direction
- Experiencing regular headaches
- Blinking and rubbing eyes a lot
- Squinting eyes when trying to read or watch television
- Avoid certain tasks e.g. reading
- Dislikes one eye being covered up
- Not meeting milestones or struggling at school
At Belper Opticians we use a number of methods and the latest equipment to examine children’s eyes. Your child doesn’t have to be able to read for us to assess vision in your child; we can use pictures and shapes for children.
Kids first pair FREE & Second pair half price
Kids eye test: free from NHS
Kids glasses: Kids first pair FREE & Second pair half price (voucher provided by NHS)